Rocco Ancora’s consistent passion and excellence in his photography continues to be rewarded with him winning the Wedding and Portrait Photographers International (WPPI) prestigious “Wedding Grand Award” in 2013.
Named as one of the Top Ten Photographers in the world by the iconic photography magazine American Photo, Rocco’s poetic imagery continues to evolve with his mastery of light and the ability to capture the human connection. Rocco’s distinctive style is classical and romantic, his imagery is exquisitely imbued with evocative lighting and composition it’s a look and feeling that Rocco strives for.
Rocco has been awarded the prestigious accolade, The Australian Institute of Professional Photography’s Wedding Photographer of the year; four times in a six-year span, which is a testimony of the highest regard in which his peers hold Rocco’s craftsmanship. His work is celebrated both locally and internationally with many major awards to his name. In 2011 he won the Grand Award prize for Wedding Photojournalism at WPPI as well as 2nd and 3rd place achievements.
Rocco is an ambassador for Nikon Australia, Epson & Canson. As a passionate educator he is now a sought after speaker by photographic organizations & Institutes. Presenting a dynamic series of workshops and seminars all over the world as well as recently launching the exclusive artistic edit and boutique printing service Capture to Print.
In 2014 he was voted in as a board member to the AIPP National Board, where he is very proud to represent the members of the institute, an institution that he has been a member of for 20 years.
- 2004 AIPP Australian Wedding photographer of the year
- 2006 AIPP Australian Wedding photographer of the year
- 2007 AIPP Australian Wedding photographer of the year
- 2010 AIPP Australian Wedding photographer of the year
- 2008 WPPI 2nd Wedding Photojournalism
- 2010 Capture Magazine best wedding photographer
- 2011 WPPI Grand Award for Wedding Photojournalism
- 2011 1st Wedding Photojournalism
- 2011 AIPP Wedding Album of the year
- 2011 American Photo top ten list
- 2013 WPPI Wedding Grand Award
- 2013 WPPI 1st Wedding Details
- 2013 WPPI 1st Bridal Party
- 2013 WPPI 3rd Wedding Photojournalism
- 2013 AIPP Victorian Wedding Photographer of the Year
- 2014 WPPI 1st Bridal Party
- 2014 WPPI 2nd Bridal or Groom Alone